.

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." - John Adams

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stunned

I was just watching "America: "The Story of Us""
And was stunned at the actual lack of Historical accuracy. They called in great historians like Sean "Diddy" Combs, Sheryl Crow and that amazingly popular beer summit attendee, Henry Louis Gates, Jr. All of whom seem to be experts in history of the south, why else would they be there?
I cannot believe how the History Channel distorted the history of the South, slavery and the events that lead up to the Civil War! They called the war- "The war over slavery"!!!!
I am sick of the South being portrayed in this light. The fact of the matter is that the war was fought over economics. The South paid the taxes, and they were spent in the North. The Union was no longer equitable for both parties. I will refer you to a few interesting facts:
Lincoln's first innaugural address, March 4, 1861
Apprehension seems to exist among the people of the Southern States that by the accession of a Republican Administration their property and their peace and personal security are to be endangered. There has never been any reasonable cause for such apprehension. Indeed, the most ample evidence to the contrary has all the while existed and been open to their inspection. It is found in nearly all the published speeches of him who now addresses you. I do but quote from one of those speeches when I declare that—
I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.
After reading "When in the Course of Human Events:Arguing the Case for Southern Secession" by Charles Adams, I have never looked at the South that I grew up in in the same light as the one taught to me by the NEA in the Public School System.
Seek the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment