During the run up to the 2008 Presidential Election, my wife and I (Fiscal Conservative Libertarians) were having drinks with some very Liberal friends of ours, who happen to be art dealers. We are art collectors, so it's a mutually benificial relationship. We were discussing the upcoming vote and I expressed a desire to have a conservative in the White House. I was amazed at how emphatically our friends fought me on my positions and supported Obama.
One of our friends, who I will call Mr. Dem to help protect his identity, with great zeal, said, and I quote, "We have a chance to be part of something Historic in voting for Obama!"
Well, Mr. Dem, you were spot on with being Historic. Let's hope history will forgive the arogance and ignorance of the people that elected this "Historic" President.
Thanks to Doug Ross for collecting some of those "Historic" moments:
"Yes, he's historic, alright.
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act
• First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
• First President to Defy a Federal Judge's Court Order to Cease Implementing the 'Health Care Reform' Law
• First President to Require All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party
• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs -- and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs
• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees
• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places
• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It
• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies if they Publicly Speak out on the Reasons for their Rate Increases
• First President to Tell a Major Manufacturing Company In Which State They Are Allowed to Locate a Factory
• First President to Withdraw an Existing Coal Permit That Had Been Properly Issued Years Ago
• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case
• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts
• First President to Golf 73 Separate Times in His First Two-and-a-Half Years in Office
But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc., etc."
Still feeling all hopey - changey - historic? Still happy with your vote?
Big Ole Hat Tip to Doug Ross